What to say to an ex who asks too much



An ex has been sending me meaningless messages since I started posting Instastories for the past couple of weeks. Not sure why, messages would go around "you look pretty" or "you look happy" etc.

Last week he, being married with kids himself, innocently asked me the question:

"Don't you want to be married, Krist? I promise it's going to make you happier." 

This is not the first time for me, hello I'm in my mid 30s. But I think I want to record my answer here, not to start a debate or matchmaking madness (hello, I'm me) but just in case someone needs a reference to answer such a typical question.

"You know, the young me used to listen and adore your point of view. But now, it's either you've lost your wisdom, or I've grown much wiser 😉

I'm happy for you because you have found your joy, hope you can be happy for me in return since I've found mine too (without marriage). While the idea may sound odd to the old-fashioned ones, I'm turning down proposals because I am so not in a rush. I see the institution as something sacred, i want to go for it (if ever) because I've met a person whom I can trust and spend the rest of my life with--not because "it's time ðŸ¤“" 

You're welcome. 


Comments

Day said…
My question is: if he's SO HAPPY being married with kids, why was he stalking his ex girlfriend, complimenting her even tried to start convos... if I were his wife I'd question those moves..haha! :D

you're right neng, don't get married because of age, time, expectation. get married because you are very sure at that moment that nobody can love you better, treat you better, understand you better... and plus you don't want to let him go. :)

Popular Posts